Saturday, November 7, 2015

Lesson 07 Dr. Suess

This week was a crazy busy week.  I got my assignments done before gathering on Thursday. I seem to be building new friendship and I enjoy studying we everyone in class.

In class, Steve one of our class leaders this week handed out different books for us to practice gathering scholarly information. It was a very good activity. In my group we had a book about Star Wars. We determined that although fiction books are fictitious, the authors can have verifiable knowledge in the things they are writing about. This knowledge for example, when they are writing about flying a x-wing fighter they can refer to their real life knowledge of being in the US Air Force.
I have found many fiction writers use their real life experience to help in their writings.

Another group had a Dr. Seuss book that sparked a debate in our class. This debate was about weather the book series was a valuable tool in education. With many points of view, it was fun to watch the class debate the educational value over the entertainment value. In the end the lead student got us back on track to our lesson. 

I could not imagine continuing my education with out this amazing Pathways program. The gatherings are very beneficial to me.    

No comments:

Post a Comment