Saturday, November 21, 2015

What a Week 09 lesson

What a great week of reading. This week we read in Enos thru Mosiah 3. My personal favorite was in Omni 1:2 Wherefore, in my days, I would that ye should know that I fought much with the sword to preserve my people, the Nephites, from falling into the hands of their enemies, the Lamanites. But behold, I of myself am a wicked man, and I have not kept the statutes and the commandments of the Lord as I ought to have done. I love this because he talks about how he is a wicked man, yet he knows the importance of records enough to keep passing them to his people.
We also did some great digging deeper study. One of the lesson was of a rugby player named Sid Going who change the game of rugby because of his faith. Sid chose to serve his mission and possibly miss out on getting to play professional rugby for the New Zealand. Sid did go to serve his mission and return to play rugby. Not only did he play very well but he refused to play or practice on Sunday. The example he set caused games and practices to rescheduled. I was able to share this story with my sons who also play rugby and show it as an example of faith and honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment