Saturday, February 13, 2016

Lesson 5 toughest Week in Pathways

Hi, Everyone! What a crazy week for me as I read in Helaman 12, I was reminded of how men fall pry to Satan in the pride cycle. In verse 4 it says O how foolish, and how vain, and how evil, and devilish, and how quick to do iniquity, and how slow to do good, are the children of men; yea, how quick to hearken unto the words of the evil one, and to set their hearts upon the vain things of the world! I really felt Satan working hard this week to stop the great things we are trying to accomplish in the Pathways program. I had a hard week studying in both my classes this week, I felt very much like giving up because I was not understanding all my studies. I did press forward studying and prayed to be able to attend my Thursday gathering. At the weekly gathering I receive strength from my classmates to keep striving to complete this program even when things get tough. I learned right at the beginning of our gathering that some of my classmates also had a bad week and decided to drop out of the program. The news that some dropped out was crushing to me because of one gentleman who had help me keep focused to finish last semester. I shared with the class that its crazy how Satan attacks us like he attacked Lamanites and the Nephites. When Satan sees that we are making progress to keep our lives, our hearts, and minds toward the things of God. Satan steps up his evil game to tear at the good works and have us focus on the vain things of the world. I hope and pray I have a better week with the next lesson and I am stepping up my game to beat Satan at his.

No comments:

Post a Comment