Saturday, January 30, 2016
Lesson 3 The War Chapters
Hi, Everyone!
What a week some much reading in the Book of Mormon Alma chapters 45 thru 63. I was told told these are the "War Chapters" and I was lied too. As I tried to read and study prayerfully this week I was taken up by these scriptures. I was amazed at how Captain Moroni and Helaman lead their armies with faith and love. I imagined myself serving as a warrior with both these men thought of the great honor it would have been. I saw a lot of symbolism of how we can use these scriptures to learn of adversity and how to over come it, in our lives today. In Alma 45, Alma prophesies of the destruction of the Nephites to his son, Helaman, asking him if he believes the things he taught. Alma also asks Helaman if he will keep the commandments of the Lord. These are important questions because Alma blesses Helaman that he shall prosper from the Lord for his obedience. I also enjoyed Alma 56-58, In these chapters Helaman raises his own army of two thousand stripling warriors who battle with strength and courage. Helaman inspires and is inspired himself by his warriors faith and loyalty to the Lord and their families. My favorite song in the children's hymn book is 172 "We'll bring the world his Truth". If you listen to this song, I hope it touches you the way it touches my heart. Til next time, Bye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment